[medoc] New CfP: Curation and Appropriation of Digital European Heritage

Aisha Villegas avillegas at beeldengeluid.nl
Mi Nov 3 11:28:08 CET 2021

**Deadline for submissions of abstracts: January 14, 2021**

Guest editors: Abby S. Waysdorf and Eggo Müller

The VIEW Journal of European Television History and Culture welcomes
submissions for the upcoming special issue #23 on “Curation and
Appropriation of Digital European Heritage”, set to be published in June
2023.

The CADEAH (Curation and Appropriation of Digital European Heritage)
project was inaugurated in 2018 as a way to study how increasingly
digitized audiovisual heritage circulates and is re-used across the digital
media landscape. Projects like EUscreen.eu and Europeana.eu have worked to
digitize audiovisual heritage across Europe and make it available to the
public. However, once material is “made accessible” to the public, what
happens? The project drew together programmers, historians, and media
researchers to investigate new ways of tracking digitized audiovisual
heritage online and make sense of the cultures of historical and archival
engagement that exists there. To further develop the goals of this project,
this Special Issue seeks to bring together scholars, archivists, and other
interested parties to investigate the ways audiovisual heritage is used,
and how we can best study this use.

We welcome proposals that deal with the major themes of CADEAH: history and
memory, uses and interpretations of audiovisual archival material, and
digital methods and archives:

>Tracking and tracing (audiovisual) archival material

>Machine vision techniques and audiovisual archives

>The politics of digitization and archival practices online

>Practices and cultures of playlisting and rewatching

>Cultural practices of remix video

>Grassroots archives and archival practices

>Transforming or creating historical narratives through remix

>Memory practices and historical consciousness in digital heritage

Find the full information here >>
https://www.viewjournal.eu/announcement/#cfp23

VIEW is an open-access e-journal dedicated to sharing research on European
Television History and Culture. VIEW is supported by the EUscreen Network
and published by the Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision in
collaboration with Utrecht University, Royal Holloway University of London,
and the University of Luxembourg.

Kind regards,

VIEW Journal team

http://www.viewjournal.eu/

https://twitter.com/viewjournaleu/

--

*Aisha Villegas*

Outreach & Communications Coordinator

*Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision*

*Media Parkboulevard 1, 1217 WE  Hilversum *
*Postbus 1060, 1200 BB  Hilversum | **beeldengeluid.nl
<http://www.beeldengeluid.nl/>*