[Nyeleni Infopost] Fwd: Peasants Rights Declaration, Nyéléni Europe Forum-Report and Farming Matters!

Nyeleni Info info at nyeleni.de
So Apr 30 09:50:32 CEST 2017

Dear Nyeleni Europe Movement,

we have some fresh news for you: Peasants Rights Declaration, Nyéléni
Europe Forum-Report and Farming Matters!
Spread the news among your networks!

All best,
Nyéléni Communications Team

*1) Update Peasants Rights Declaration: Petition needs your help!
*

In total we gathered 6763 signatures so far! To keep you updated on  the
last figures, regarding our Petition on Peasants Rights : Austria 1460,
Belgium 1201, Bulgaria 43, Czech Rep 4, Denmark 5, France  552, Germany
506, Greece 41, Hungary 58, Ireland 25, Italy 219, Netherlands 128,
Norway 12, Poland 37, Portugal 126, Romania 1125, Slovakia  16, Slovenia
3, Spain 145, Sweden 159, Switzerland 178, UK  160, Others 560
As you can see, there is still a scope for further progress, if we want
to reach 30 000 signatures ... We chose to translate the petition in 13
different languages, it means that all these different countries need to
get on board! It makes a lot of sense to promote a collective European
petition. Let's make it a joint effort! Unfortunatley a petition doesn't
do the job on its own, it needs to be sent and sent again by e-mail with
a call to action to your members and partners. Only 10% of the people
who gets the e-mail will end up signing the petition...
You can use some of the material available here :
http://www.fian.be/Online-Petition-Tools
We also have examples for e-mails to be sent :
http://mailchi.mp/76d3a72cd853/test-sign-en?e=3c93e7103a
Feel free to contact Astrid astrid at fian.be or Brigitte
brigitte.reisenberger at fian.at if you have any question, Thank you for
your precious help!

*2) Report - Nyéléni Pan-European Forum 2016
*
The 2nd Nyéléni Europe Forum for food sovereignty took place in
Cluj-Napoca, Romania between 26 - 30 October 2016. The Forum gathered
over 500 delegates from 43 countries,  from the Urals and Caucasus, and
from the Arctic to the Mediterranean, representing 290 civil society
organizations of peasants, fishers, pastoralists, indigenous people,
consumers, trade unions, environmental justice, solidarity, human rights
organizations, community-based food movements, journalists, and
researchers working for food sovereignty in Europe at different levels.
Also, representatives from countries outside Europe were present,
including Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Jordan, China, Zambia, Mali, Honduras,
Zimbabwe, Thailand, Canada, Brazil, Uruguay, Mongolia, Indonesia, and
Myanmar.

The aim of the forum was to share experiences, develop a common
understanding of food sovereignty, share ideas for powerful joint
actions, discuss strategies to relocalize Europe’s food systems, and
explore how to influence key policies in Europe. The gathering was an
important stepping stone for building a strong food sovereignty movement
in Europe, especially in Eastern Europe, as well as in several other
European countries where no food sovereignty platforms previously
existed. The forum was also a first step towards structuring the
European movement and giving it visibility through the planning of
shared actions. After the closure of the Forum from Romania, at the time
of writing this report, many Food Sovereignty platforms are emerging in
Eastern Europe and Central Asia.

Read the full report here:
http://www.nyelenieurope.net/sites/default/files/2017-04/Nyeleni%20Europe%20Report%202016_web.pdf

*3) Farming Matters issue with Food Sovereignty stories from Europe
*

The latest issue of Farming Matters was produced in collaboration with
the Nyéléni Europe movement. There is a special section with Food
sovereignty stories from Europe. This issue of Farming Matters is about
food sovereignty. Food sovereignty is a self-organised, grassroots
response to today’s problematic food and farming system. Diverse people,
such as producers, consumers, peasants, migrant farm workers and urban
citizens, to name a few, are uniting around initiatives to regain
control over their food and natural resources. The experiences presented
here address interwoven issues related to production, processing, trade
and consumption of food. Together they highlight the value of tackling
policy at multiple levels while at the same time taking practice into
your own hands.
Read the full issue here:
http://nyelenieurope.net/news/farming-matters-issue-food-sovereignty-stories-europe
or here: https://www.ileia.org/building-food-sovereignty/