timeouts / dns-errors /

Thomas Sprinzing thomas at sprinzing.org
Sun Nov 8 13:57:47 CET 2015

Hello,
just about tearing my hair out while upgrading my mailserver from
freebsd-10.1 to 10.2 and updating all userland components.

now, policyd-weight doesn#t work properly anymore.

I've installed local unbound on the machine, made sure it resolves all
requests even though it sits behind my router / it#s attached to servers
without dnssec.

No matter what, i get the DNS fail in my maillogs:
lookups;

strangely, if i debug according to your howto, in the end, the process
stops far too early, right after "issuing group: wheel". So, no DNS
calls were made at all?

Where should i look next?

(abbreviated debug ouput below)

thanks

Thomas

  echo " helo_name=robtone.ek-muc.de sender=test at ek-muc.de
client_address=62.225.182.35  request=smtpd_access_policy" |
/usr/local/bin/policyd-weight -d

policyd-weight version: 0.1.15 beta-2, CacheVer: 5
System: FreeBSD m3.sprinzing.org 10.2-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p7
#0: Mon Nov 2 14:19:39 UTC 2015
root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
Perl version: 5.020003
Net::DNS version: 1.02
config: /usr/local/etc/policyd-weight.conf

debug: using port 12526
debug: USER:  polw
debug: GROUP: polw
debug: issuing user:  root
debug: issuing group: wheel
root at m3:/usr/ports/mail/postfix-policyd-weight #